Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Meet Nanci

I've been wanting to start a blog for some time now and have put it off simply because it seems like a lot of work. But recently my wife Nanci and I were asked by the Canadian Foodgrains Bank to travel to Ethiopia to experience the work they are doing there, and to film our trip for a short documentary DVD that will be shown in Canadian Churches in the fall of O7. Nanci and I are very excited to go and I figured this would be a good time to get the blog going so family and friends can follow our trip. So before I do anything else I want to introduce and post a picture of Nanci.

We have been married 24 years now and we have three children: Sarah is 22 and recently married to Steve Giardino, Jesse is 19 and embarking on a career as a recording engineer. Micah is 17 and finishing his last year of high school.

Nanci is a teacher who has spent most of her years teaching Jr. High (her fist love) but is currently substitute teaching all years. Her majors in university were French, English and Theatre.

Nanci loves the outdoors - more than anyone I've met actually. She's very funny (most of my stage jokes are a derivative of something she has previously said). Nanci adores her family and our dog Daisy.
And I adore her (Nanci).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Steve and Nancy, I found your blog through a complete stranger named Byron. He found my profile at myspace (I left comments on jann arden's blog here and there) and thought I'd be interested in reading about your trip to Africa. I am. My friend and I have a small charity project we do that helps to support World Vision, Save the Children and Icross Canada, using comfort dolls. Feel free to check out our space, or not. ( www.myspace.com/comfortdollproject )

I too am a christian and i hope that many of the churches begin to wake up to the needs of those in developing countries - I see your church actually sent you both on this trip.

I'll come back and work my way through your blog entries, and leave comments here and there, so thought i'd best introduce myself :)